Sunday, July 19, 2009

Walking 12 Miles To New Jersey: Bad Idea



Today, in an attempt to stave off nerdy pastiness, I took a 12+ mile walk to New Jersey via the George Washington Bridge.

When all was said and done, I'd seen some things I'd never realized existed, became the proud new owner of a tremendous sunburn on the back of my neck, and incurred the wrath of the chafing gods (the only deities I believe in, by the way) in places that I don't feel comfortable talking about.

Now that I've blinded your mind's eye, let me just say that there is no worse destination for a walk than Fort Lee, New Jersey. There is nothing there.

Actually, now that I think about it, New Jersey is just somewhere that you should avoid in general.

Well, all was not lost though, because today, I found Jesus...


...'s Taco. Apparently, this is a chain of restaurants in Harlem. I didn't eat there, however, because I feared the food could have burned my heathen stomach... Mexican food tends to do that when you're on the move, among other things.

---

Well, thankfully, not all things today were disgusting and cancer-inducing.

After returning home, I played a bit of Fixed Limit Hold 'Em, seeing as I was down to about 65 cents.

For whatever reason, the players on those tables are kind of... I don't know... let's say, fail-worthy.

So, essentially I've been feasting off of other player's terrible decisions and have made it to a new high at a whopping $2.91!

$50,000, here we come!

---
Current Bankroll: $2.91

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Digg! submit to reddit