Saturday, August 1, 2009

Does Your Tattoo Say "I'm An Idiot"?


For those of you who don't know, it is against Jewish law to tattoo or pierce your body.


This picture was sent to me by a reader of mine, whose Jewish friend, seen here, probably doesn't realize that in expressing his Jewish heritage on his skin, he has, in fact, denigrated it.

This tattoo is also somewhat disrespectful to the victims of the Holocaust, who were forcefully tattooed by the Nazis while living in the ghettos. Remember, "never forget," right?

So, congratulations, my friend, you've actually managed to become a bigger tool than all those people walking around with Chinese symbols on their bodies, without knowing the language. (Sure, they all say it means "courage" or something, but for all they know, it probably says "pig-fucker"... and they'd still be showing it off.)

I would say this is sacrilegious, but I'm not really one to talk, seeing as I hold a competition yearly with my friends to see who can break fast on Yom Kippur fastest. Hanukkah Harry has never been kind to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Digg! submit to reddit