Monday, July 27, 2009

Poker Hands That'll Make Me Die Young, Vol. 1

I'm down about five dollars today. Normally, I'd say that's to be expected, since I'm really a terrible poker player. However, recently, I'm not entirely too sure I'm to blame.

Observe:
So, right here, I've flopped a set of 4s. This is kind of like pulling into a parking lot and finding that there is exactly one spot open, right near the front entrance. However, being that I've been hitting bad beats for some time now with some regularity, I'm already bracing myself for the worst.

After pushing my set hard, there's one last guy in the hand with me. The turn shows a 10, which doesn't concern me too much, aside from the possibility of a straight draw. However, after pushing him in for so much, I don't see too much on the board that can beat me.

Another 10 hits on the river, giving me a full house, and while I believe that he might have hit trip 10s, I can't believe that he's going to have anything that beats my full house. So, finally, I push another maximum bet into the pot, while doing my victory dance, by the way. He calls and shows...

...

No way.

I could go back and detail exactly how awful a play this guy made in order to suck out the pot, but I think I might have an aneurism while typing it out.

And that, my friends, is poker, for all intents and purposes.

---
Current Bankroll: $10.80

3 comments:

  1. Dude - You lost $1.86 pot with a boat. Had you been playing 1/2, or, worse, 2/5, you would have lost $500, easily.

    While it sucks to lose to a hand like that, realize how much worse it could have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My advice to you is to get out of the micro stakes games, their full of terrible players that will suck out on you. It makes the game become a game of luck instead of skill, and it damages your game having to compensate for these idiots.

    You played the hand fine tho, I would have done it just the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well there is a reason I call that site riverstars not pokerstars

    I play there all the time because they have any games 24/7

    I 'd say dont hope for anything online. Just use that as a practice. Cant make living from online. Its a software which is written to favor donkeys so they stay and dont leave

    ReplyDelete

 
Digg! submit to reddit